Happy Friday! I am linking up with the DC Trifecta Friday Five for the first time today. If you do not know about these three ladies you should. I’ve linked up their blogs for you to visit.
This week the theme is Thankful.
- I am thankful for my family. They patiently put up with my crazy ideas about running 30k Around the Bay. Even when the Mister raises an eyebrow and says “Are you sure you want to do that?” I know he will support me 100% when I decide to take it on.
- Stories like this one this one make me thankful for the running community. I dare you to read it without needing a tissue to wipe your eyes.
When it was time to go to the cemetery, the funeral director had this idea. The cemetery was only a mile away, he said to us. Instead of vehicles following behind, would we want to honor Jim by running behind the hearse?
3. I am thankful I am able to stay home. It’s not easy, there have been some budgeting lessons along the way but I am grateful I am able to be here when Little needs me. When I was working and I had to leave early for family emergencies I always felt guilty and would work late hours to make up for my lost time even when I didn’t need to.
4. Great friends who support and encourage me even when my passion is not their passion. These fabulous women have offered to follow me Around the Bay and around the globe to Sydney, Australia in 2015. Start saving girls, let’s go see some kangaroo’s and throw a shrimp on the barbie!
5. I’m thankful for our home on Amherst Island.
What are you thankful for?
What are your plans for the weekend? We’re heading to the mainland to book our first family winter vacation to someplace warm and sunny!